Homemade ice cream is always the yummiest, so say my kids. So for my daughter’s 4th birthday party I made her homemade strawberry ice cream. It was super easy to make and oh so yummy! I started with a simple vanilla ice cream recipe and just adapted it by adding fresh strawberries and a little strawberry syrup. I used store bought syrup because I was short on time, but if you have the time, you can make your own syrup, see below.
Ingredients you’ll need for homemade strawberry ice cream:
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup strawberry syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
How to make easy homemade strawberry ice cream:
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve sugar in half and half.
- Thoroughly mix in remaining ingredients except strawberries.
- Stir in strawberries.
- Following your ice cream maker’s instruction, add mixture to complete the process.
Alternatively replace the sugar, syrup and strawberries above by making your own strawberry syrup: Combine 1 cup chopped strawberries with 1/2 cup sugar and let soak overnight. Finely chop in a food processor. Then mix into ice cream mixture.